The quiz asks you a few questions based on general political and economic policy issues and then maps you. Like so.
Well it's a nice way of passing a few seconds cos thats all it takes. and in my case, i would say it is fairly accurate. I could'nt describe myself as 100% liberal and pro-free trade because i think capitalism needs ceratin controls. Open economies can be harmful for local industry especially in developing countries. Generally, I do believe that a government should be responsible for the countries security and soveriegnity and all things military. Also, call me a conservative prick but moral constraints should be apart of governance in my opinion. I am no communist either but i look at the effects of capitalism on the world (the rich-poor divide, vast pollution, destruction of natural resources to name a few) and wonder if it is the come all and be all of human ahievement aferall. Milton Friedman's ideas (open economy, government simply responsible for security/protection) are great in theory but in practical application i think it is limited by the world's natural tendency towards moral degeneracy. So freedom within control. Thats my idealogue right now. because we'd just tear ourselves to shreds of everybody was 100% liberal.
The quiz though, IMHO as a third worlder, is a bit more relevant to citizens in developed countries and may not be directly relevant to third world concerns. Meaning that some of the general political issues might take a backseat to some of our main ones, and the economic ones a bit ahead in the future for us in terms of direct application, but are still relevant enough to us as global citizens
Have a look and see if you agree with the test. I'd love to hear your feedback.


2 Comments:
I'm also a Centrist! :)
yay! heheh..
Post a Comment