...see, im planning on starting a new hobby/ joining the local artsy fartsy club. Problem is, I dont have a digicam. So here's where you beautiful people come in, can ya'll tell me what kinda cam I should get (being the enthusiastic amateur that I am) keeping in mind that my budget is somewhere between 20 and 30 grand (im talking Sri Lankan grands right) and that I am having a cousin conveniently flying down from the US of A this month (assuming things are cheaper there)?
Anyone?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
The cold war between Canon and Nikon rages on, but i wil always be loyal to canon.. given your budget and for quailty pics i would suggest a Canon IXUS 90,
check this
http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2008/03/20/Canon-IXUS-90-IS/p1
all my pics on flickr are taken with a Canon IXUS 65, 90 is a better version.
I'm sure everyone has a favourite that they will swear by...
As far as point-and-shoots go, I like the Panasonic TZ series...
A compact with a 10x optical zoom offers a lot of flexibility in regard to composition.
A word of warning though. The TZ is not the best camera for indoor flash photography. It is however, brilliant for outdoor lanscapes.
My phlog has some samples...
http://myfavouritepixels.wordpress.com
Post a Comment