Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hammer and Mirror

Hammer and Mirror

scream

for has the world ever seen
a being
so maliciously obscene
as which this mirror upholds
before my face?

dream

of a time when I was clean
for a time to come again
for a place where the greeting
would not be a constant grimace

The shadows upon my face
have long since become
the color of my skin.
the horns
have taken root,
yet they are as yet construed.

I still have hope
redemption is not far
and I have not reached that point yet
where my dispair is absolute


Hammer and Gun

scream

for the has been
and for the yet to be revealed.

dream

for tomorrows unseen
for the revelation to be learned
when the light hits you
and your face gets burned.

reel

for you will when you know
so you might as well go
off the deep end now.
why prolong it?
why let it wait?

it beckons
its grin and its slanted eyes
gleaming.
so stop screaming
and rush forward
you aren’t dreaming
just push onward

it’s yours
take it.
it's good for you.

3 Comments:

Sachi said...

oh man..I sometimes worry about the way your head seem to work..

Sachi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

super!!

The shadows upon my face
have long since become
the color of my skin.

loving it