thats the title of an olden days Black Sabbath song. back when ozzy was biting the heads off of dragons. Bats. I mean bats. not dragons. the symptoms are simple. Oh wait no. That’s Not. as a matter of fact, you know what that Is?
Shah Rukh Kahn man, ah the dream throb i mean the heart throb. Indian booteh baby. Come to take away the market share of the meanest leanest (and the leanest meanest) mobile company to ever hit the shores of Ceylon since Ptolemy (who as matter of fact was not a mobile company, but he believed in telepathy, which is a lie, and doesn’t count anyway).
I am smuttering in confusion and utter disasmagoria having just seen the new Airtel Ad, it's a good ad and I happen to work for their biggest competitor. Shiver me timbers shrinkle my spine? nah. its funny really. Its typical in its feel good er, feel. Yes I am a bit lost for words to describe it. you'll have to see it to know.
I think it delivers quite a stomach punching affect. Featuring fantastic footage depicting everything from sigiriya, epic shots of mountain tops and winding trains, the usual mix of Kandyan dancers, extremely pretty looking girl, appealing looking guys (to the ladies I’m sure) and just when you're lost in a land of fantasy (which seems like an all new Sri Lanka, Srilankan Airlines look out) you have a backdrop of a sea reaching sunset in a coupla hours shining golden in the afternoon light. The sky is disappearing in the water amidst a white and yellow glare. and you then see a hand. Which expands into the full form of aforementioned pretty boy giving the smile he usually reserves for the likes of Preity Zinta.
'Hello Sri Lanka!' comes the sexy drawl (I think)
And Poof! PUNCH!
all over the island, people watching Kavya, Mahagedara, 8.30 dramas. People in offices watching the video online and through the e-mails circulated, people watching Sirasa TV news, pensioners at home treasuring their Upahara pack, Executives across all the existing player's offices, people in gyms, people in waiting rooms, people watching the test match outside Singer showrooms ALL GET PUNCHED IN THE STOMACH.
And they all want to talk to Shah Rukh Kahn.
babum babum babum. Interesting times indeed. (*oh no we're screwed!* shut the hell up, subconscious!)
We'll be ok. Hopefully.
This link is to the video. Let me know if it doesnt work. Ciao.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 Comments:
It's a very sweet little advert.
SRK is hot as hell but I still don't know what he has to do with Airtel. Maybe he's their official ambassador? Hmmm...!
hahaha...it's just a typical ad from a creative point of view but i got goosebumps! and trust me i'm so critical of ads usually. wierd. :)it's really well shot and edited and yup SRK going "hello sri lanka" is a great idea. think Sri lankans hav been waiting to hear that for quite a while. hehehe ;D good start but let's see how they do. watching and waiting...
Eh?
You've made quite a few stereotypes... *raised eyebrow*
As for Ozzy, he wouldn't have bitten its head off had known it was a real bat...
@sabby = yes, genius, he promotes airtel.. duh! :D
as for u whackster, ur so soo screwed... :D well, not really, but dialog is gnna have to work for its subscribers from now on...! pretty well made ad i must say...i love the srilankan twist they've given to the airtel tune..
Gehan: Well nobody asked you!!! Hmmph!
wierd long winding post whack...but the ad...nice. nothing much..but i think its the tune...gets to u :D
gay- i like what u said.. dialog will have to work..too true
personally I dont think dialog has much to worry about.. I mean ppl rarely change their service providers.. its too much of a hassle and well u know how lazy we sri lankans can get hehehehe..
I ADORE THE TUNE. BUT PREFER THE INDIAN ADS YO. SORRY FOR CAPS. WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN THE WHOLE DAY? AH I DO NOT HAVE TO APOLOGISE FOR CAPS AFTER ALL.
ELLO BEHBEEE,.
hahaha
I was talking to my brother about what the airtel ad would be like when it finally arrives
my version was shot in the style of a bollywood blockbuster trailer with all the great actors and actresses and shit and it gets all hyped up and shit and right at the end you hear the airtel ringtone and then all of them pick up their phones :P
and then the whole screen just says
Airtel
xD
lol @ Gehan & sabby.
TheWhackster, funny how I had this discussion with a friend recently and he said almost exactly the same thing.. minus a few references to Shah Rukh Khan as a dream throb & booteh baby *grins* I don't know u, do I? :P
I watched the ad last night for the first time.. and I just loved it! Airtel ads are so good! and this more or less localised one.. is just awesome! Loved it!
BUT I hate to see te Dialog ads where people talk about being proud to be Sri Lankan or something.. they've got Ashanthi, Chinthi, a cricketer etc etc..
Plus, I'm not that happy with Dialog anymore... I only get good bills to pay! lets see how it goes..
I was told by the mother that there was an Unbelievable amount of people waiting to get Airtel sims y-day.. hmmmm.. people are very much into it I see..:)
Dude!! we're all as loyal to Dialog as Karuna was to Mr Praba... er.. sorry, wrong one. Dont worry, Dialog will make it... Just make sure you sell more of em Dialog TV units!
Sabby - ah heheh i guess now you know about SRK. i think half the profits of airtel should go to him
WEBM - ur right! it seems so normal at first glance but then you end up bemused. we're all watching and waiting too
Messiah -stereotypes is how marketing works unfortunately. its called segmentation.. ur right bout oz, though who knows what that chap is thinking. recently he tried to kill his wife while high on drugs. ROCK ON \m/ lol. the dragons were inspired by ur artwork girl! nice stuff
Gehan - lol yeah DIalogs gonna have to work alright. and Sl twist is pretty authentically done ya? have a cousin who was working for the ad agency that did it. And haha! i guess it took you to point out the obvious to sab huh.
Sabby - SRK's been synonymous with Airtel since the day twas announced. u just didn't know cos u were out the country i bet!
Dee - long winding? yeah like that train in the ad. lets see what happens
FINroD - your right, but times are changing an SRK is well loved. seen the queues yet?
Noorie - ELLO! been right here babbeh :O the Indian ads are great yeah, wont take long for em to come out with SLized versions of all of em too ya knw
Rise of the Fallen - DAWG! thats a hell of a concept. cost a lot though. just dont destroy us will you ? :)
Hijinx - lol nah dont think so. although if your friend looks like a refurbished Sl version of Brad Pitt its probably not me hahaha. im actually much better looking.
LD - Your right, there are TONS of folks in the waiting line. And yeah Dialogs ads are getting a bit routine right? im sure you'll make a WISE desicion. (if you wanna stay healthy. *evil look*) ;)
MP - you mean you're as loyal as britney was to kevin? or is it the other way about?
*swoons* then *opens an eye* hmm did u say Brad Pitt? not a big fan, sorry... liked him as the guy who played Mercutio in Shakespeare in Love and then didn't like the guy anymore when I discovered it was Pitt..wonder why? I know u said u'r better looking, but if you're using him as a base in the first place... *crosses Whackster off list of potentially cute bloggers* :P
damn
порно видео малолеткой студенты http://free-3x.com/ онлайн порно видео малолеток free-3x.com/ порно ролики русское молодежное [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]
Post a Comment