Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some pictures

So I'v moved houses. Moved a week or so ago actually. On independence day. I'm gonna miss our old place close to Wadduwa. The beach was absolutely fantastic, and even orgasmic to some people. Anyways, took some pics to remember the place by, and to try and remember the crisp feel of the morning air on those occasions when I dragged myself for a run, followed by the tingling scary feel of pulsing adrenaline when those effing rabid dogs start chasing me. Reason enough to carry a stick and go. Last time i ran bare chested like a fisherman all the way past Blue Waters and beyond and sat on a log for a while, then waded in the water. Its funny, never actually went into the water all that much.

Here are some pictures of home (former home).

 one of numerous paths to the beach
                                                                        
 south
                                                                         
north
                                                                              
 South again
                                                                            
 no, not my house
                                                                
the glorious water, bathing spots are further south though
                                                                          
if you sit and close your eyes, the waves sound like they're lapping at your feet when they're a good 20 feet away
                             
The railway tracks, there's a station at the end of that curve
                                                                              

12 Comments:

Dee said...

aww... :( well, at least no more petrol bills

Anonymous said...

Why in fucks name did you move from this place?

myprerogative said...

Civilization?
Internet connectivity?
Signals on Mobile phone?

ha ha... :P seriously dude, that beach rocked! good times!!

pissu perera said...

civilization, internet connectivity and mobile signals are overrated. i live in the suburbs and love it, but i'd kill to live near the sea. sniff.

(though i suppose, travelling to and from colombo would've been a headache no)

Paparé Boy said...

Whoa! :)

Mount?

Makuluwo said...

Woah. I would have sobbed hysterically if I was made to move from a place like that. D;

Scrumps said...

I hope your new place looks at least half as good as that! That place looks awesome! The railway track picture is a good photo too!

Lady divine said...

I LOVE the last one!!! :)

Icarus said...

wow nice picz!

Mr.Pitbull said...

Man those pics are Wicked. You should have stayed there mate not here :P

~Peace~

TheWhacksteR said...

ah well what to do ppl, the pull of civilization was overbearing :D gonna miss that place though

Anonymous said...

Iam with pissu. why'd you move? :O