Friday, June 13, 2008

Bodysnatchers


It swirls and whirls as it covers everything before you, the misty mountaintop and the concealed edge of the cliff. Uncertainty and doubt will rule your conscience till your foot meets the ground again safely. You dread that step that will take you down plummeting through nothing to meet a splattering end. Visions of falling, visions of screaming fill your mind, coupled with the consciousness of your lack of knowledge as to where you –quite literally- stand, you freeze on the spot.

Your eyes are wide and every muscle feels tensed to bursting point. You are frozen with fear. And now you have no choice but to remain frozen until the mist clears and sense enters your head once again, loosening your muscles and enabling movement with its gentle lubrication.

The climax has come and now I am stuck in a position where the possibility of happiness meets endless bleakness on the horizon. I am a sailor sailing my little craft with its little white sail. Sailing is all I have known and all that there is for me to do in this life. The ocean is all I see and it is all around me on all sides. It is calm and the sky is a glowing reddish bronze. The horizon is all my eyes meet wherever I turn and happiness blends into the bleak sky and spreads on into infinity.

And yet I stand.

0 Comments: