Oh MAN! Can life get any boringer?? Forgive me blogosphere and all its inhabitants, I have been bombarding you with my meaningless psychophantic meanderings over the past month so much that I have surprised even myself at the misty shit that comes outta me. Thank you for all you comments, they have been a wonderful reminder to me that even the most obscure thoughts and ideas will find somebody who sees things in a common light.
Now I do not mean to be rude, but this is my first time actively blogging and I have realized why it has taken such a grip on me. Thank you Lady Divine, yes I think I am addicted. HELP! Lol any support groups out there I should know about when I reach that point on the road where my skin shrivels up and my body can’t live without the taste of Kottu for its survival? I mean has anyone thought of putting up a rehab clinic for reforming blogaholics?
Someone said once; if you want to be a writer, Write goddamn it! Or some such like, and man, have I been writing. I have been writing about anything that poops into my head and I have been sitting down at my PC intending to write something totally refined and important and then suddenly, my mind goes into a swoon and my eyes lose focus and my fingers move of their own accord over the keyboard. The results of which are scattered among the posts in my blog. Including in this one to a certain extent.
I watched a movie, The Sixth Sense. You know the one starring Brucie and that kid who sees ghosties? Well something that struck me clear outta my mind was the concept of free-form writing. That’s right. For those of you who are not familiar with it , it’s a form of writing where one just puts pen to paper or in this case finger to keyboard and just writes the first thing that comes into one’s mind. You just keep going mindlessly writing and writing and writing. Pretty soon, you notice some crazy shit happening, some crazy thoughts you thought u’d never had will pop onto paper. Scary I know, I tried it out and kinda got hooked on it and ever since, I just let myself go when I am writing.
The results are scary, truthful and sometimes unbelievable. But will always help you unlock that part of you that you knew existed but could not access. At least for a brief moment, be it on paper or word document, you will live inside your subconscious and produce exactly what thoughts and ideas you will.
So thank you blogosphere, for the companionship, camaraderie and the enjoyable brain exercise. Thank you Indi, for adding me up on kottu. Thank you all who visited my blog. Thank you all who commented. It has been a hell of a month. I’ve had too much free time on my hands and my mind has been extremely idle after a hell of a long time of heavy activity, and I have immensely enjoyed the sweet release of blogging and getting to know all you terrific people out there.. Keep it real!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
Heya!
Started reading your blog only recently.. and it's been good..:)
keep writing...
and u r most welcome....:)
welcome to the blogger community....:D
and u know I'll be reading yours whenever I get time..:)
good stuff. You write well. I found some hilarious stuff on your blog...
Hey Lady D! thanks a mill, its been great reading your comments etc and reading your blog too! tx for the welcome..
Scourge - thanks.. i read a bit on your 'terrible' blog. great stuff!
What can I say, spot on.. You have exactly scribbled what I have been thinking lately about blogs.... I agree on you.. Blogging has been a wonderful journey to me.. its just an amazing medium to amuse and stir up my inner feelings..
It’s an excellent platform to express your concerns about this weird world and share it…the best part of it arrives when you get comments … you really get motivated to write more…
I also enjoy reading your poems…but I really like that one about the trip to kandy.. where you met your grandma… I reckon you to write a novel or something about it… who knows … it might end up as a best seller… and for sure I might have a copy on my desk……….
Post a Comment