Friday, June 27, 2008

Jules Verne. Or, Ramblings from the Underground

I want to go underground. I want to bury myself deep within the recesses of the earth with nothing but my PC, high speed internet connection, subwoofer and sound system, the beach, the sky, long empty roads, a Bugatti Veyron, a mountain bike, mountains, my books, my smokes, a gym, surfboard, beach, sea, waves, lifeguard, TV hmmm..

I shall proceed to live life on my own within the confines of my own personal underground world, I shall surf the waves and run on the beach, I shall visit the gym and I shall lead a happy life in the confines of my own universe. In the evenings I shall put the lamp on and sit on the cool beach reading. I shall expand my intellect for the sole purposes of expanding my intellect, without fear of or need to use that intellect towards the execution of some viable purpose In the ‘real world’.

How I hate the real world. How I hate its stupidity and thirst for all things insignificant and valueless. How I despise it’s obsession with everything superficial. How I hate its scorn for anything and everything of real value in the world around them. How I hate the fact that individual people are perfectly rational and understanding but get lost in utter stupidity when mixed in with a Crowd.

Oh how I hate the Crowd, how I hate the irrationality and its paranoid fixation on everything irrelevant. How I hate it that even my mind is corrupted by it. I want to be free from the grip of the stupidity of the ‘real world’.

So I want to go underground. I want to live apart. But can I survive the loneliness? Can I survive the sorrow? For freedom comes with a price. And that price, if not paid, will take that freedom away from you. So can I reach a compromise? I shall therefore I think, interact with the real world when the need arises but for all intentions and purposes, shall remain underground.

2 Comments:

Dee said...

I agree. :( It's too sad.

realskullzero said...

well..we can never b apart frm the real world u kno..though there can be many alike..may be a "Fight Club" would to..lolz