Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Before the shit starts hitting the fan

Just imagine it man, the shit hitting the fan.. The guys who came up with that intense line sure had some insight into situations. Not life, but situations. it doesnt take much for the shit to hit the fan, things can turn around in an instant and before you know it, you are idly sitting around staring like a moron at a huge ball of shit traveling in slow motion towards the whirring blades of a big ass fan.

Sometimes you refuse to believe it, sometimes you know that you're gonna be screwed deep down inside, but still you sit and watch. And when it ultimately hits, you keep sitting there and take it calmly, you are bland about life.

You may like spicy food, but you are bland when it comes to life.

Society dictates security, It tells you to find safety, it scares you into finding a lame ass job in a lame ass company which is regarded as an 'established' place to work in. Your parents start associating you with the company you work in, as if it has become a part of your identity.

Tea splattered like little blotches of vomit. Dried up on my workstation which was so clean only yesterday. Something made me splutter like i'd never spluttered before.

I want to let go of this security, but im afraid of what my parents will say. Seeing as i am dissociating myself from an 'established' firm and all that. But Dialog is crumbling, it feels like a morgue in here. You could almost smell the fear and uncertainity a week ago, now its just a dull air of resignation.

I have my dreams and i know what needs to be done to achieve them. I know what im doing and im doing it. Im not wasting away like some poatato without a vision stuck behind a PC for 8 hours everyday, the chief difference between him and me being the vision that is, for now.

The dream keeps me alive, through the dust and grime of daily life. And somehow im gonna find a way to make it all real. Screw the corporates, i do not want to depend on you types. Modern day slave trade. Exploiting the commercially opressed. The willingly opressed. I don't want your company car and your big cardboard cubicle and your pot belly. I don't want your varicose veins and muted sense of rebellion. I don't want your conformity and your fake smiles. I don't want your blind intelligence and process driven mind. I don't want you, corporate life. But I am stuck inside you. So, for now, I'll use you to quicken my ride. Cos i need you to survive.

5 Comments:

Dee said...

hear hear! well said. Stay longer than 2-3 years and it will suck the life outta you.

Jerry said...

!

Yaaarrgh

Unknown said...

sucks the life out indeed! and unless someone is resilient enough to realise that corporate life is just an ephemeral stint he or she will lose all independence and will always be obliged! emotional and mental dissociation is the best!

PseudoRandom said...

Re your first paragraph...it has happened in Sri Lanka, you know! There was some prisoner who had a bag full of shit in his pocket and he threw it at the fan in the courthouse during his hearing. Am I the only one who remembers that? :D

Re the rest...you go for it! Make sure you plan well, 'cos the road less travelled is usually a lot tougher that it appears. Good luck!

noreply@blogger.com said...

Man, resign your job. Chase your dreams. Job is not worth the headache when you aren't happy. This is what I did long ago when Lehman Brothers USA (now bankrupt)troubled a junior investment analyst so much :-) Be sure what you wanna do in life, chase your dreams. Good luck :-)